Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Hero x3

After tying so many blanket knots to make super hero capes, I finally decided to dust off the ol sewing machine and make some velcro capes ( that I don't ever have to tie again!) I wish that sewing was like riding a bike and I could always keep up on the skill, but that is not the case and I knew once the boys saw that I was making these capes they would not leave me alone until I was finished. For example, Jonathan and Ryan were home when I started and they both asked me ten minutes after I began, when their cape was going to be done. None the less they are finished and they all love them. I thought Miles might not want one because he is "older" but no he was very adamant about wanting one. They have been very fun and I love to watch them in them. They have been super hero capes, super cleaner capes, super wrestler capes, super big brother capes, etc. etc. And they have only had them since Friday. So cheers to the capes and I guess I better make one for Blake now, before I put the sewing machine away!



Off they go!!


5 comments:

allypally said...

They look great!! I did superhero capes for Christmas this year... the badge on the back just about killed me so I am very, very impressed with your sunburst!!

Shane and Becky said...

I Love It!!!! Great idea, we tie those blanket knots all the time in our house too. The capes look great and the boys look like they are having a blast with them.

Sara said...

Do you get a super mom cape....you should. Glad you finished them and they are such a big hit. You are the best!

Emily said...

Awesome! What a fun, creative idea! I love the big letters on the back! Can I order a pink one? I get tired of tying the pink blanket dress. Are you guys coming down for the big St. Patty's Day get-together?

Jillyboo said...

These are great Carrie. Man, I wish I could sew.