Monday, December 29, 2008

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly!

I have decided to make some Blogger resolutions since I spend so much time looking at them, I might as well make our family one a little better. #1. At least five posts a month, it will probably end up being five in one night, but at least five. #2. Change background often, man I was so sick of those frogs. I finally figured out how to do it and I don't have to get Mark to do it. #3. Add comments to people's blogs, I look at quite a few and now I need to tell them what a great job they are doing. #4. Try to post about birthdays and holidays at least in the same month. So with that said, here goes the first post for December, let's see if I can get four more in this month.
We went to my parent's house in Wyoming for Thanksgiving, and had an absolutely wonderful time, great company, awesome food and a beautiful newly remodeled house to enjoy. Then we left for home on Saturday morning, right on time, I might add. Twenty minutes outside of Worland, we pass a flashing yellow deer sign, so Mark and I both heightend our senses and started watching for deer, no less than 50 yards from the sign, a giant, yes I said giant, buck was in the other lane, and we didn't even have time to break. So we hit him and he went flying and we then slowed down. The boys didn't even know we had hit anything, Ryan asked why we were stopping. So the good part here is that every one was completely uninjured and we were only 20 minutes from my parents. They graciously let us borrow their van to get home.
.
The bad part here is that We found out a few days before going back at Christmas that they were actually going to total the van and so that meant that we had no way to come home from Christmas (and having to get a new vehicle). So my parents let us take their van again. Leaving my mom without a car for almost five weeks. (Thanks so much Mom!) We went and cleaned out all of our stuff from the van, at Christmas time and it was really quite sad. I wasn't ready to quit having the van. So I feel sad everytime I see a silver oddessy. Mark told me he does to, so I am not as crazy as I think. Now we are on the hunt for a new vehicle and we shall see what comes up. To be continued.....



The Ugly...







4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Carrie I am so sorry about your van. At least everyone is ok and the plus side you get a new car. I love the new family picture!!

allypally said...

YAY! for more posts from Carrie. Because we all know that there is a lot more going on at your house that we can laugh about!!

The van looks awful. Glad you are all ok.

allypally said...

And I actually quite liked the frogs...

Emily said...

How awful! I am glad that you guys were uninjured. Sorry about the van and poor deer.