Friday, June 20, 2008

Our New Baby to be

Well there hasn't been much discussion about our new baby boy that will be joining our family very soon on this blog. And maybe that is because while he is enjoying the safety of being on the inside, it is hard for some of us to come to the realization that he will soon be on the outside. AAAGGGHHHHH!!! I get somewhat nervous thinking about having four little ones running around. I know that our family will adjust and welcome him (whatever his name may be!!) with many open arms. I have had a wonderful pregnancy, luckily without any of the annoying side effects and so I am ok with still being pregnant. I am starting to get the jitters because like it or not he is coming sooner rather than later. I was having Ryan feel him move the other night, and he said "Mom, I am tired of having my hand on your belly!!" I laughed because I thought it is probably true, he really doesn't care about my belly, he just wants the baby here. Being that this is most likely the last time I will be doing this, as always, coming to a close in a chapter of your life is always hard. So why not make it harder I say and go out with a bang. So I am preparing myself to do this completely drug free. Many may laugh or think I am stupid or crazy, (I think Mark may think so...) but I say "Why Not" I have to give it a try. We have nightmare insurance here and so cutting out all those things will significantly lower our out-of-pocket expenses. So for the last six months I have been reading every child birth, labor and natural delivery book, our library and the internet has to offer. So with that said, we shall see!!! I am probably jinxing myself to another Csection with actually posting my thoughts. But I am not closing out any options, I am just preparing myself for what I want! So in less than a month, we shall all know what the outcome will be, all that really matters is that baby is healthy and strong!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Carrie, We Love You. I can't think of another person that could handle four little boys more than you and Mark. We are so excited to hear news of our 14th grandchild and that he has been born healthy and whole and that you have recovered well, whatever his name is. Our prayers are always with you. I love the family picture in the backyard. Even Ryan picking his nose is so cute.

karen said...

hi carrie !! how are you ?? wow so you're due to have your boy soon ? congrats.. you mentioned naturally.. i had my daughter elsa naturally.. the best tips are 1. be calm 2. breathe 3. have your hubby massage you wherever you need (foot, hand, back, neck,etc).. it didn't hurt that bad.. serious.. the only hardest part was not being able to push for an hour (i had to wait for my doctor).. but.. good luck !!

steph said...

Hey Carrie. It's Stephanie (Triplett) Rodriguez. I hope you remember me. I was searching thru blogs and found yours. It is so nice to see your family. I will be starting a blog soon. I want to keep in touch with you - email me at s_dyan@yahoo.com.

Anonymous said...

LOVE your family picture! your 'upcoming arrival' will be blessed with fun and happy brothers to play with. thinking about you often...guess it's time to chat. :)

Jillyboo said...

I cant believe that in 2 weeks you will have a baby!!! I wish we were closer so that I could steal him often. He is going to be such a lucky boy to come into your home. And with 3 brothers to play with? Man... he's sure going to have a fun life.
Try to enjoy these last 2 weeks... if thats possible. I am so envious that you will soon not be pregnant. I cant believe I still have to be for 3 months. Not fun.

Sara said...

Honestly....cute family picture....but you seriously didn't have one where Ryan doesn't have his finger up his nose? I love it!

Established Feb 2, 2007 said...

You are CRAZY!!! No drugs! Weirdo! I still cant believe you are on number 4, you are killing me!