Monday, July 13, 2009

Run Mommy Run

Well we are going on a three month stretch of no blogging, so I thought I would end the hiatus! We have been very busy the last little while, so instead of trying to play catch up, I will just start from the present.
I have decided to post about my CRAZY idea to run a marathon is September. I have always, always wanted to do one and I figured now was the perfect time. So this past Saturday, I ran 15 miles and wooo weee, it was a duzie. The first seven miles were fine, but then I started to really drag and I had to go to the bathroom sooo bad, so luckily I ran by a park (three miles later) and was able to find some relief. Mark and the boys came out in the car when I was about three miles from home, and I was sooooo tempted to jump on in. But the boys were so excited to see me and were yelling and cheering for me. It was really great and it gave me the little boost I needed to make it home. This saturday I run 11 and then the next is 17, so I will give some updates later. After I ran on saturday we jumped in the car for a six hour car ride to my parents and I felt like I was 90 years old when I got out of the car. I guess to much of a good thing can end up killing you! So we shall see.
The boys and I will be at my parents for the next two weeks and we will be celebrating Blake's first birthday while we are here, I can't believe he is one!!!!! So we will put up some pictures while we are here.

3 comments:

The Ball Family said...

I think you really are crazy! I could never to anything like that in my whole lifetime. I don't envy you but I am proud of you and what a accomplishment that will be.

steph said...

Good for you. I wish I could love running like you. Did you like it in the beginning?

allypally said...

You are truly bonkers. Are you back yet? I need to call you!